I was thinking about my last post on goals and thought “why not take it a step further?”. I know I said that keeping goals simple and few makes them more attainable but I also can’t get that quote out of my head about the importance of having a plan along with your goals. With that in mind I’d like to make this a “December to Remember” by setting and keeping goals that will help me be my best self!
Here’s the plan:
- Set a few goals that I really want to achieve this month
- Write down why these are important to me
- Come up with a game plan for achieving each of them
Who’s with me? 🙂
Here it goes…
- Eat clean. Why? Because clean eating gives me lots of energy, boosts my immune system and keeps my skin healthy. The Plan: Keep the fridge stocked with loads of fresh produce, make fresh juice and green smoothies a few times a week, eliminate processed foods as much as possible and limit sugar.
- Up the intensity on runs and workouts. Why? To make my heart healthy and happy, to build endurance and feel strong. The Plan: Do intervals on the treadmill or outside 4 times/ week, add an extra 10 minutes of yoga to my daily practice, do two strength training classes per week.
- Start a Gratitude Journal. Why? Because I have so much to be thankful for day-to-day and I feel it’s important to be aware of what those things are. The Plan: Jot down something I have to be thankful for everyday. It can be a simple sentence I scribble in my planner or a full page in a journal.
- More baking experiments. Why? Because I LOVE to bake and feed people and I love a challenge. The Plan: Try one new recipe a week. (I have a feeling this will be the most fun!)
- Spend more quality time with my husband. Why? This should be obvious! Because I’m totally in love and don’t want to take the time we spend together for granted. The Plan: Cut out distractions and be more present when we’re together. He’s so much more important than getting the dishes done, folding laundry or the phone ringing, not to mention a lot more fun!
I know that tomorrow is already the third of December but I’m gonna call it day one so we can all get a fresh start 🙂 Well, since tomorrow is only an hour and a half away I think I’ll do extra 10 minutes of yoga incorporating lots of time in this pose…
Yoga Pose of the Day: Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Fold) This pose is great for stretching out tight hamstrings, improves digestion and forward bends also help us look inward at ourselves.
Who would like to make this a “December to Remember”? Feel free to share your goals and how you plan to make ’em happen!